Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Cleanest Mouth in the Practice

My best friend has been told by his hygienist on several occasions that he has "the cleanest mouth in the practice". He wears this moniker with pride. Frankly, if my dentist and / or hygienist ever said anything nice about my mouth I'd have T-shirts made quoting them and would distribute these T-shirts in Times Square for free.

What constitutes the evening tooth-care ritual for The Cleanest Mouth in the Practice, you might ask? Well, last night I was privy to a behind-the-scenes look at the nighttime ritual of said Cleanest Mouth and I would like to share a few of the enlightening and tooth-whitening tips I learned:

Step One: tongue scraping (it invigorates one's tongue and purges it of germs)

Step Two: flossing (Cleanest Mouth recommends Oral B's Superfloss and, I must say, after sampling a pre-measured piece myself, I agree!)

Step Three: (my personal fave) washing out mouth with homemade mouth wash! How impressive! Recipe as follows:

1 part hydrogen peroxide
2 tablespoons baking soda
5 parts filtered water
dash salt
shake well

Step Four: mechanical toothbrushing with organic toothpaste

Step Five: brushing with conventional toothbrush with baking soda (Cleanest Mouth particularly recommends this step after one has consumed copious amounts of sugar)

And there you have it, folks! Steps for success from the Cleanest Mouth in the Practice. May we all strive to emulate the dedication and care and focus of Cleanest Mouth in the hopes that one day we, too, can have our hygienists say something, anything complimentary about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment