Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Monday Night Feast

My husband is the most divine chef. I have to say that I am the envy of my female co-workers when I pop open my tupperware, filled up with left-overs for lunch. "Does he do house calls?" they've asked. "Um, no, ladies." I've replied.

When I tell the girls of my menu last night I will most certainly be greeted with envious groans:

Spaghetti with octopus in a red sauce infused with bone marrow
Pan roasted hanger steak with sides of creamed spinach
& roasted assorted mushrooms with bacon
Vanilla ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce,
topped with roasted walnuts & pinoli

Pasta cooked to perfection. Yum. A red sauce of which any nonna worth her salt would be justifiably envious. A steak to rival Peter Lugar's. Creamed spinach that made my arteries close up shop for the night and roasted mushrooms just the way nature intended: sautéed with bacon. Double yum.

Our dinner guest was equally impressed as I. Wearing a heavy drape of food coma, he stumbled home with left-overs of his own.

One of the topics of dinner conversation turned to New York City restaurants. Here are a few of our collective faves (in no particular order):

Blue Hill (in NYC and at Stone Barns)
Dovetail
Daniel
Tia Pol
Saul's
Dinosaur
Piece of Chicken
Unidentified Flying Chicken
Patsy's (the O.G., please)

If you are so inclined, chime in on your NYC faves.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tar-LA!

    I just ate breakfast and already my mouth is watering with thoughts of some of your tasty leftovers.
    Thanks for the tips about your favorite restaurants. I'll put them on my list.

    Your favorite family member,
    CAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,

    I'm SO excited to have found your blog! I still talk about your cello show ALL THE TIME.

    I hope things are going well for you. I think that I've spoken to your mom more recently than Alexis. Tell both of them I said hello.

    XO,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete